Hubzilla and Streams are unique in that you can have different themes for each channel, and a different theme for the website as a whole.
In this article, we will go over how to change the theme on a channel, and how to change the theme for the rest of the website.
Setting the Theme for a Channel
You can change the theme used on your channel in Settings. You will be able to pick from a list of themes enabled by the Administator of your hub.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Display Settings.
- Select a Display Theme from the list.
- Click Submit.
When the page reloads, it should use the new theme.
If you are an Administrator, there are some additional steps for you in the next section.
Setting the Default Theme
Every Hubzilla and Streams website has a default theme. This default theme is assigned to all channels that have not set an alternative theme, and to all parts of the website that are not associated with a channel, such as the home page, login and registration forms, directory, etc.
The default theme for Hubzilla and Streams is called "redbasic." You can add additional themes or even create your own.
To change the default theme for the entire website, you will need Administrator access.
Here are the steps to change the theme:
- Log in locally with an account with Administrator Access.
- Go to the Admin area.
- Click on Themes.
- Make sure that the theme you want to use is listed here and enabled.
- If the theme is not listed here, it is either not installed properly, or not compatible with your version of Hubzilla or Streams.
- Click on Site.
- Change the System Theme to the desired theme.
- Press Submit.
The page should reload and the new theme should be applied to the home page (if set), login and registration forms, directory, and other pages not associated with a channel.
Note: The Admin page may or may not change because the admin pages use the theme of the channel you are currently logged into.
Finding the Admin Area, Settings, and Other Options
It should be noted that the location of some of these options may vary by theme.
For example, the link to the Admin area may be in a different location.
- In Hubzilla's redbasic theme, click on your avatar on left side of the top menu bar, and select Admin.
- In the Neuhub Red Dash theme, click on your avatar on the right side of the top menu bar, and select Admin.
- In Streams' redbasic theme, click on the hamburger menu on the top menu bar, and select Admin.
The steps are the same, however, they might be located in a different place depending on the theme.